1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with component cable for PS2

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by kenji-san, Mar 7, 2003.

1. kenji-san

kenji-san

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've bought this component cable, a third party one, for my european PS2 and hooked it up to the comp. in on my tv.
    But when I turned it on, it looked like the cable had triggered the macrovision routine; contrast went up and down, and picture kept jumping.
    Okay, maybe because I needed to change from RGB to Y P/b P/r on the PS2 menu?
    Tried it, but without any success.

why is this? I've read of people who plugged their ps2 to a comp cable without any problem, only had to change the RGB setting for it to work..

Maybe it's because I got it RGB modded? (so I can see dvd film with RGB scart cable without the green-only problem)

Any help would be appreciated!

2. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'd say its the because of the mod. I've got 2 ps-2s with component leads that work A-OK and play DVD's through them :)

Neil.

3. kenji-san

kenji-san

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it's definitly the mod. i've just tried the cable with another ps2, and it worked splendid! Although the shifting of the screen 2cm to the left happened as well. I thought this was a scart rgb-only problem?
    Anyway, thanks for the help!

Kenji-san