1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Canon MV650i

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by satfan69, May 20, 2005.

1. satfan69

satfan69
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I own this Canon MV650i since two years and was very happy with it, used it a lot in all its features. Few weeks ago I suddenly had the following problem, I turn on the videocamera and see only black, no picture, at first I thought I forgot to remove tthe lens cap (!) but unfortunately it was not this the case, the picture remained black. After keeping it on for many minutes the picture appears in a very blurry way and with lots of verticsl lines, then little by little stabilized and became ok.

After that every time I turn it on I get a different behaviour, either all black, or blurry picture or very noisy picture with lots of lines, sometimes after waiting some minutes the picture becomes ok, sometimes remains black or blurry/noisy...

I always take care of my appliances so it cannot be because of some misusage I made, any suggestion? what can it be? Can I test anything?

Any advice is more than welcome.

Thanks a lot
    Regards
    Satfan

2. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    common problem, search the threads you'll see.
    no solutions. A university i do work for bought 15 mv600i's, 12 have this fault. Canon don't want to know.

I think that individuals should group up and make their case to watchdog.

3. satfan69

satfan69
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Roy, you made my w-end :mad: :( :mad:

Thanks anyway for the reply, should I send it to Canon for repair? Anyone else sharing his experience?

Thanks
    Satfan

4. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry man.
    I think its a big deal when the single most expensive component fails spectacularly and in such a consistent fashion. The cost of repair will almost outweigh replacement.

Ok so your warranty is out, but the law is changing in your favour towards reasonable life expectancy.

You can't lose anything my approaching canon. A big collective voice, however, is likely to get a big response.

Canon owe mv600 customers a recall imho

5. john_hollinrake

john_hollinrake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Satfan, can I point you in the direction of this thread;

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200489

and in particular the campaign currently being set up by Xurba, who is petitioning Canon on behalf of a few of us fellow sufferers.

I'm sure Xurba will be only too pleased to add you to his lengthening list of Canon owners with this problem.

Regards
    John.

6. satfan69

satfan69
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you guys for the info and thank you for the initiative, I think it is totally unacceptable by a big and serious company like Canon to provide products with known problems and pretend they do not know about it.

I'll certainly follow the indications and join Xurba in his petition.

Thanks
    Satfan