Problem with burnt CDs playing in car

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by SmokyToby, Feb 9, 2005.

1. SmokyToby

SmokyToby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

For some time I have burnt copies of some of my favourite CDs to keep and play in my car's CD player. These work fine with no problems. I have now extracted the audio from 3 concert DVDs and burnt onto CD for the same purpose. But, although the car CD plays them, every minor bump seems to make the CDs mistrack and most of the time they are unlistenable.
    Does anyone have any idea why this might be? I always use the same brand of blank disc - Imation, and burn with Nero. Do the "concert" CDs need to be finalised after burning using the Nero "compilation" method?

Any help would be appreciated

Smokytoby

2. geeWcee

geeWcee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Dont know the reason for the skipping, but always burn on the lowest speed your drive will do for a better quality burn. This may sort it.

3. yoyoman

yoyoman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You haven't said if you label them or not, but in my experience a lot of in car CD players will skip with labelled disks, especially as the disk becomes hot.

4. simon100

simon100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I can confirm what yoyoman says.
    I have a skipping issue with labled CD's in my home player. My son kindly 'backed up' a couple of his CD's for me and stuck printed lables on them. They don't play as well as ones with my scrawl on the writing surface!

5. SmokyToby

SmokyToby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for your replies. Just to clarify, it is only the CDs I burnt from music DVDs that are skipping - the copies I made of audio CDs play fine. And no, none of the disks I burn to have labels.

Why don't car CD players have the anti-jog facility? The loss of sound quality would hardly be noticed in a car environment!

Thanks
    smokytoby