problem with brightness, white?

B

boussis

hi, im a bit worried about my lcd colurs,a jvc lt26x70. The blacks are ok , just what i expected... my problem is with whites , you cant watch white t-shirt´s or anything similar without getting blind .. it´s too bright it makes everything loose a lot of definition. When sometimes you see the sky at the back of the image it`s unwatchable. I´ve been playing with the settings and you can get to see everything very dark , but when something big and white appears it´s quite the same. I don´t see it as a faulty lcd problem , it doesn´t occur always just when the white is really white. Anybody has seen this issue in this lcd´s or in lcd´s in general? any configuration to solve it?

sorry for my english and thanx.

ahin4114

Novice Member
Hi Boussis

This is found on all different types of set, but LCD's do suffer a little more than others becuase of the way they work. It's simply a case of setting the brightness and contrast to the correct levels. Spend a bit of time with a test disc like a THX certified disc, DVE or AVIA. The THX discs (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Monsters Inc etc.) have a THX optimizer hidden away down the setup menus, you can use the test patterns in here to make sure the settings are close to optimal. If you want more information, head over to the calibration forum, there's a wealth of information over there.

Good luck

Tony

PeteD64

Novice Member
I found my LCD too bright to watch when I first got it but it was ok when I turned down the backlight brightness (bright-1) & contrast.

If you've played around with the settings & it's still unwatchable it could be faulty.

Someone with another JVC screen described something similar to you & he got it swapped for another one which was fine. I think it was in the big thread about the LT-26DX7 & LT32DX7 or maybe the LT-40DS7 living review one.

B

boussis

ufff i´ve read all over those posts and havent seen anyone with de same problem. Where can i get the dve or avia disc?

PeteD64

Novice Member
Look for the posts by Starion. I got it wrong about getting a replacement TV. He sent it back & went for something else but he did compare his TV with a friend who had the same model & it didn't have the same problem.