Problem with Bluetooth headset

7ofnine

Hi,

I recently bought a Sony bluetooth headset from the AVForums classifieds. I've paired it with the PS3 and checked it's connected in 'manage bluetooth devices'. However when I start Need For Speed Shift and connect to a game session, there is no headset icon next to my name. Also, I hear nothing through the headset. Seller assures me that the headset has been working correctly.
Is there anything I specifically need to do within the game to enable the headset? From what I can see, it should just work.
I've googled this problem, but turned up nothing useful.

Thanks for any suggestions.

7ofnine

You don't have to pair using the cable. Problem is that the instructions with the headset are incomplete. After pairing, you have to set the audio input/output devices under the settings menu. The manual makes no mention of this.

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
You don't have to pair using the cable. Problem is that the instructions with the headset are incomplete. After pairing, you have to set the audio input/output devices under the settings menu. The manual makes no mention of this.

Pairing with the cable enables HQ mode, and battery levels..discovery mode, doesn't.
And if there are no other devices present, you dont need to do anything, the bluetooth headset will be the default device.

The manual explains it all...pairing via cable stores 1 PS3...so yours will be storing the previous PS3's id, pair again with the cable to enable yours to be the default stored id.

http://uk.playstation.com/media/145186/PS3 Wireless Headset Full Manual_GB.pdf

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
That link is not the same content as the supplied booklet, which is very sparse, and mentions nothing about having to manually set the device for the audio input/output. If you read and follow the supplied instructions, simply pairing the devices is not enough to get it working properly.

If you don't use the cable..Pair it with the cable connected between headset and ps3, and its all done for you.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom