Problem with Blu Ray & ISO

chaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am hoping someone can help me big time I have at the moment I have two new copying software so I can Make perfect copy's of my Blu Rays for my hard drive but come up with problems one is Aurora Which is iso it says it is writing iso file then come with iso complete and then come with copy completed but it say can not play and comes up with these silly messages also have WINISO which tells me to mount it on Explorer I have not got a clue what that means I have gone on both these sights and have done what they said but to no avail can someone help me PLEASE

Attachments

• Page 2.png
    Page 2.png
    231.7 KB · Views: 144
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 122
I have just tried again And this is what I get

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 124
  • 4.png
    4.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 138
  • 5.png
    5.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 124
I have been told I have to download Windows 7 ISO is this correct? I do have windows 64 bit windows already if so how do I go about downloading this ISO thing and would this correct the problem?

Why ISO and not MKV?

MKV is much more compatible and the software to do it is freeware.
Do you really want/need all those extras you'll never watch again or need menus you can't play that take up large amounts of disc space?
Perhaps you do. In which case I'll move on and let someone who can answer better take over.

I can't really help you with ISO as I've never bothered with it beyond the earlier days of DVD burning. To mount an ISO file you need a virtual DVD/Bluray drive such as Daemon tools, perhaps WinISO does that, I've never used it. Mounting it just means like loading a bluray into the drive, only you don't have a physical disc so you mount it into the virtual drive.

It is for my grandson his player bob will not show 3d in MKV only ISO but will show normal Blu Ray in MKV

Couple of things going on here.

First.
None of those files are big enough to be an actual Blu ray ISO.
Blu ray ISO,s are anywhere between 25GB and 50GB

Second
The messages you are getting say the ISO is still copy protected.

Ripping blu ray ISO,s needs additional software like " anydvd" to remove the copy protection.
Otherwise any ISO you make is useless.

Hi andy It seems like you got to pay for it though is that true or is there a free version I have just been caught by this WinIso that cost me £20. So do I use this software then go though WinISO and the big thing is it easy to use. I have also been told we would have to download Windows 7 ISO is that correct also

It would probably be cheaper and better, in the long run, to probably buy him a different streamer.

Unfortunately, you didn't really need WinISO as there are freeware tools that would do the same thing as it does for non-professional use. For ripping a bluray it's useless.
AnyDVD will do what you want however bearing in mind some other "issues" you've run into in the past with technology and not understanding stuff I'd be wary.
Tell him to suck it up and he can watch MKV's in good old fashioned 2D.

I have just noticed that I sometimes have to reinstall MakeMKV because it keeps on saying it is out of date asks me to reinstall is that normal? Or It ask me to register with a key which I can not seem to find Why is this happening lately to this. I agree this is great to use Though

So How much would cost if you have to pay for it

Bloody Hell!!!! That is expensive But I must admit MAKEMKV is dam good though at the moment looking for a free copy of Anydvd as well all they seem to do is a trail version would not know the cost of that one just paid £20 for WINISO which is totally useless as my grandson wanted ISO for 3D I will most probable pay for the MakeMKV but it when I can get the money together

Yeah,is a bit steep but I've managed to rip all my Blu rays using the Beta.There are 50% off vouchers if you search

OK does anybody know about buying Make MKV software I have tried to find this but with no luck

I am hoping someone can help me big time I have at the moment I have two new copying software so I can Make perfect copy's of my Blu Rays for my hard drive but come up with problems one is Aurora Which is iso it says it is writing iso file then come with iso complete and then come with copy completed but it say can not play and comes up with these silly messages also have WINISO which tells me to mount it on Explorer I have not got a clue what that means I have gone on both these sights and have done what they said but to no avail can someone help me PLEASE

When you mount a .iso file it appears as a seperate drive in Windows. Opening the drive plays back as if you have used the original disk in a optical drive.

Windows 10 tip: Mount (and unmount) any ISO file instantly | ZDNet

we Have windows 7 so still not know what do I am in the process telling my Grandson to forget 3D I have already wasted £20 on buying this WINISO and to be honest I have not got a clue what to where with MakeMKV I am fine with

There is loads of software to mount .iso files for Windows 7. Random Google

How do I mount iso image file in Windows 7?

Attachments

• Expoler.png
    Expoler.png
    291.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Page 2.png
    Page 2.png
    231.7 KB · Views: 73
So How much would cost if you have to pay for it

You'll never need to pay for MakeMKV, but you'll have to download a new beta and register it with a new serial every month if wishing to use it for free. The developers of MakeMKV have promised to never charge for it while in beta and there's no indication that the application will ever be finalised. If it were to ever become an applcation sold for profit then it would be hit with heavy legal action from film studios who's copyrights it infringes.

Simply download the latest version of MakeMKV here:
MakeMKV - Make MKV from Blu-ray and DVD

Then use the serial posted here:
www.makemkv.com • View topic - MakeMKV is free while in beta

This is valid until March 28th.

Repeat this once a month after the current registration expires.

Thank you dante

I loaded that Nothing seemed to Happen though I done the windows Explorer Here is what happens what do I do next?

That is just offering to open the image so you can see the contents.

What happens if you close the programme, open Windows Explorer and double click the I: drive icon. If the image is a valid blu-ray or DVD image it should open with the same menus as the original disk assuming the whole disk was ripped to the image file.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom