Problem with Belkin Router - help please.

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by sedalbis, Jan 30, 2009.

1. sedalbis

sedalbis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +352
    Hey guys. I have come to the conclusion that this problem either means there is a problem with my router, or with my broadband line.

I am with Orange Broadband (have been with them since they were Freeserve), and have had my Belkin wireless router for about 2 years. Up until about 2 months ago everything worked perfectly. Then suddenly the internet connection randomly started to drop.

The router settings interface (192.168.2.1) will sate: no connection.
    The telephone light on the router will then flash green instead of being solid. The flashing pattern is as follows:
    About 1 flash a second for 10 seconds
    Then it speeds up to about 3 flashes a second for 10 seconds
    It then slows down again and the process repeats - I hope that makes sense.

At the time the telephone light is flashing, the internet light is off.

Fixing the problem is totally random.
    -Sometimes turning the router on and off at the wall fixes it, sometimes it doesn't.
    -Sometimes going into the router settings interface (192.168.2.1) and clicking on connect works, but only after clicking it numerous times will it eventually connect. Sometimes clicking connect even 100 times doesn't work at all.

When it is working properly the telephone light and the internet light are both solid green.

As I say, the problem happens completely randomly. There is no pattern to it...often I will come home to find the router is receiving no internet connection. One point to note is that it has never disconnected while actually using the internet (downloading, looking at websites, etc). I have tried changing the telephone line filter and that made no difference. It's starting to drive me mad as sometimes the internet can be down for up to 24 hours. I have contacted Orange about it and they assure me it is not a problem with their service.

If anyone has got any idea what the problem could be and can offer some advice I would be very grateful.
    Many thanks in advance :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  2. Member 352002

Member 352002
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi there, I work for Orange and might be able to help.
    Please send an email to [email protected], including your contact details and I will give you a call to discuss.
    In order that your email is forwarded to me quickly, please add "Jonathan Orange Response" in the subject field and also in the first line of your mail.
    Kind regards,
    Jonathan
    Orange Response