Problem with Audio sync within .ts file

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Agent_Trig, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Agent_Trig

Agent_Trig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I am trying to watch a 1080p movie which is made up of four .ts files. The movie plays smoothly in Zoom Player and Media Classic but the audio seems to be about 10 seconds out of sync and then after about a minute of playback the audio starts to stutter gradually getting worse.

I've checked the .ts file with MediaInfo and it has said that the audio is AC3. I have AC3 Filter installed though so I cant work out why this happening.

Exactly the same things happens with another (MKV) 1080p movie I have - the video runs smoothly but the audio is 10 seconds out of sync and then starts to stutter.

Any ideas what I can do to sort this out?

Cheers :)

2. Zarch

Zarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +833
    Trig,

Whilst you say you have installed AC3filter, can you confirm that its being used? I found that when you have lots of codecs installed that doesn't mean they are being used. Its all down to "merits".

When you load the video file into graphedit, does it show the codecs you think are using?

Also, hows your cpu usage?(both cores) And what codec are you using for the video?

3. kaidiez

kaidiez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    you can also check in media player classic and using right click --? filters, then you should be able to edit the audio filter and disable it, if it is wrong.

4. Agent_Trig

Agent_Trig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Not installed graphedit yet - I'll do this tonight and find out. I'll also report back with my CPU usage (only single core though).

While the video is playing, how do I find out what codecs are currently being used? I'm using either Zoom Player or Media Player Classic.

Thanks

5. Zarch

Zarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +833
    When you use graphedit it simulates what the system is set up to use, so unless you manually overide this in your player (zoom player can do this), then thats what you'll use.

you can also play the file thru graphedit using the codecs shown to rule out any players etc and tie the problem to a codec.

You can then use radlight filter manager to change the merits (order of preference) to use different codecs. (although you can so this in ZP too i think)

6. Agent_Trig

Agent_Trig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Ahhh thats made it a bit clearer then. Ok, I'll check tonight and see what's what.