1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with an Azur 540r

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by p.burton, Aug 6, 2005.

1. p.burton

p.burton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all :hiya: ,

Am a newbie here but this is my problem. :mad:

I have got a Cambridge Azur 540r receiver and 5 Acoustic Energy Ego speakers (satellites) with the matching Acoustic Energy Ego sub.

The satellites are linked to the conventional speaker outs with the subwoofer being driven off the sub pre-out as per usual.

It sounds fine when playing music/non dolby/games/divx etc, however when i then play a DVD from my computer through the Amp (via an optical cable), ie. a dolby source, it cuts the sub completely; nothing is sent to the sub. On the screen of the amplifier it has got FL FR Cr RS LS and LFE. Usually it has got Sub instead, for dolby this is gone and is clearly the reason that nothing is being sent to the subwoofer through the pre-out.

My question is how do i take the LFE signal and send it to the sub or get a subwoofer signal from the comp (dolby source)???

Any help would be soooooooooooooooo useful :lease:

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    What are you using for sound on the PC?

Have you also tried emailing/phoning Acoustic Energy about your problem?

3. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    in dolby digital the sub disappears and LFE appears so thats normal. everything points to the PC as far as i'm concerned. have you got a dvd player to try a standard dolby digital disc from that?

(dfour you might be interested to know the arcam is pretty much permanent now and i also nabbed dad's nytec for FL and FR and it sings!)

4. p.burton

p.burton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the replies.

Yeah i have tried it with a DVD player and get the same result.

I have half managed to bypass the problem by using the center, front left and front right pre-outs to power the sub as the Aego 2 sub has 3 phono ins on the back, although the bass is not as heavy as i would like and far from ideal considering that there is no bass track for the surround speakers.

Anyone else with any other ideas?

5. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    have you set all speakers to small, by pressing spk setup? even if you remember doing this check again because sometimes it defaults back. also when a DD track is playing press LFE trim and put that on 0 and press ch level and get to sub try turning that up. you may just be getting LFE atm and not noticing it, check a bass heavy film like beginning of flight of the phoenix. if it doesnt work with a dvd player or the pc get it swapped for a new one.