1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with AE300 panel alignment

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by KraGorn, Sep 20, 2003.

1. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I'm in the process of installing an AE300 and am very happy with it, however there's a small blemish in the display which is perfectly liveable with but it'd be nice to eliminate ... there's an alignment problem I think between the panels, though not knowing too much about the internal workings of these things the term 'alignment' could well be meaningless. :blush:

The effect shows for example when I put an object in the path of the light, making a silhouette on the screen. The left edge of the black area is actually purple, while the right edge is yellow-green. Also, when displaying a standard white-on-black PC text screen the left edge of the white letters is green while the right edge is purple.

To me, with my limited understanding of the technology, it appears that the panel generating the green output is "off-by-one" from the red and blue panels. With this in mind I delved into the menus, including the "hidden" Setup one, but nothing appeared to be able to adjust this ... and I decided incompetent fiddling in the "hidden" menu could well end in tears so I didn't try messing.

While there I did tweak the green "flicker" setting by one which eliminated a minor flicker, but that's made no difference to this.

Can anyone suggest a 'fix' for this? Like I say, I can certainly survive with this, just once in a while watching a film one sees it, especially on people's faces when lit against a dark backround.

Cheers.

2. Spacecat

Spacecat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +610
    why settle for less, send it back and get a proper one!

3. gothmog

gothmog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it's no worse than this then you haven't got a problem, the effect seems to be a standard feature of the AE300, possibly a side effect of the smoothscreen prism.

-- Jon

4. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Gothmog: mine's just like that ... if that's the price to pay for lack of screen door on a cheap projector then I'm happy to pay it. :)

Thanks for the screen-shot ... far easier than a written description, must get a digital camera next. :D

BTW: like the nickname ;)

5. Jack the lad

Jack the lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Ive got two 300's (had 3) all they all show the same effect.