1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PRoblem with a sanyo plc 8810e projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by LSTY, May 30, 2005.

1. LSTY

LSTY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it turns on ok but the replace lamp light is lit but the lamp still works . it boots up till it counts down to 22 and then turns off again . I dont want to buy a new bulb until i know the problem.So does projectors not boot up without the bulb being in a 100% serviceable state ?

any advice is welcomed , thanks

2. stripe

stripe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    It sounds like, because the bulb needs replacing it is shutting down to protect itself from any damage.

3. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,956
    What stripe said.

Some lamps explode when they reach the end of their life, so the projector is protecting itself from that. A few pjs seem to have similar ways of shutting off when the lamp reaches the end of it's life so that you have time to buy a new one before the lamp finaly goes.

Gary.

4. LSTY

LSTY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    but now it only flicks on for a second and goes off and both lamp replace and temp lamps flash when its cold., i guess i have to look for a new lamp , but the decision now is it worth it as i bought it a junk sale.

thanks