Problem with a Palit 1080ti gameworks and HP reverb G1 Pro

PedroF69

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have a very strange problem with my PC, when I use the Reverb G1 pro. It is the 4th headset that was replaced by HP, in a space of 2 months. I have 4 new cables and I'm in the 4th headset. The problem: It turns off after 5 minutes, or else I have no image on the Headset, continuing to work. I have another Headset, a Lenovo P1440, which uses an Hdmi port, while the HP, uses a DisplayPort port. Lenovo works without any problem, only play sims games in VR, AMs2, Rfactor2 and DR2. in Rfactor2 use with Lenovo 270% SS, in the case of AM2 170%. Naturally when HP worked with my PC, it used only 100% SS, on SteamVr. The HP ran for 6 months, in the space of a week, started to shut down after 1 hour, then changed to 40m, 20m, 10m, and 5m. I suspect it is from my card's Display-port ports (Palit gameworks 1080ti). I use 2 monitors, 1 2560x1440 (DVI) and another 1920x1080 (hdmi), I have an hdmi / Display-port adapter that I use on the 2nd monitor. Since always, that sometimes hdmi is not detected, and I have to disconnect the cable and reconnect, sometimes, only on the 3rd or 4th time it connects, but it is usually detected when the PC starts up. Unfortunately I have no chance of testing with another card. I can play any game in the screen for hours. without any problem, the Card never pass 71ºc, with the resolution and config, of the games i play, i can max de card at 2560p (80% -99%), without any glitch or problems. I wanted to buy a new card, but not at the prices they are, I´m poor. Some advice ? Thanks

cud be loads of things unfortunately.

When i had my gtx1080 with my reverb g2 it would cut out sometimes after 5 minutes (project cars, ets 2) sometimes longer. It was like there was too much load or not enough power for the headset or something Is it a steamvr error? Do you get any error messages? (eventviewer?)

With my new pc i get zero errors of this kind.

Thanks for your answer.

I have installed windows 10 pro, maybe 2 times, a clean install, but the problem maintains.
And i don´t have errors in Event Viewer. The strange think is that my lenovo works well, without issues. I push the lenovo, I use 270% SS in steamvr with Rfactor2 and 250% with AMS2. And every game I play in the flat screen ( 2560x1440@100hz) I also push the GPU, overing between 60% and 99%(GPU load), also without any kind of problems, my pc is 100% stable. Is old, but enough ( Asus deluxe x99, 32GB@ 3200mhz, CPU Xeon Es-1600 V3 (8 cores) @ 4600, that never pass 69ºC.

The funny think, is that the HP headset worked for month´s without problems, I thought it was the headset that had failed, so HP, changed my headset 4 times : -) , with maybe 5 new cables. So, now I have a fourth new headset, with 5 new cables, and I can´t even play anything, with the Hp headset.

I´m a computer engineer, 52 years old, and I don´t know what is happening.

PS: With the WMR application only, it seams to work, but everytime i start steamVr, I get check your cable. Sometimes, i don´t even have image in the headset, but for the WMR application, it is working.

What are your GPU temps like, maybe it's overheating and causing it to throttle and fail in VR? How old are your GPU drivers maybe you need to update them. What is your power supply rated to? Maybe you have reached the ceiling of the amount of power your system is drawing?

Hi, the temp always over between 60ºc and 70ºc, and I´ve tried a lot of different drivers, with the same result. Anyway, the problem occurs without any appreciable load on the gpu, I cannot load the gpu, because the HP just "disconnect" steamvr information, the only load is from WMR, that puts the GPU at 50ºc to 55ºc .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom