1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with 720P via xbox on z3

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by mcduck, Sep 18, 2005.

1. mcduck

mcduck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Any help would be GREAT! I have searched the forum and cant find anything like this.
    Xbox modded with chip, set to NTSC & 480p, 720p, 1080i set to yes. I have the MS hi def pack.
    If I run anything (games, emu's, xbmc) in 720P the image goes off to the right by bout a 1/4. its fine in 480p and 1080i. I have set the dash in widescreen and 4:3(normal)
    MY pc is fine hooked up to the projector runs 1280,720 and my denon dvd player via HDMI in 720 is also fine.
    Any ideas?

Cheers
    Luke

2. mabell

mabell
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Luke,

Most games do not support viewing in 720p even on a modded XBOX. The vast majority play at 480p. For a list of games and supported modes, go here http://www.hdtvarcade.com/xboxlist.htm

I have the exact same setup as you, and find that if you leave the input on Auto (when choosing the viewing mode on the Z3) it will automatically choose the correct one i.e. 480p, 720p (If supported).

Tony Hawks Underground 2 is a good example of a game that plays in 720p
    Pro Evolution Soccer 4 only plays at 480p (Though the picture is still great)

XBMC settings need to be changed in the Settings > Video section of XBMC, where you can set the video mode. As I recall 480p, 720p and 1080i are all supported but I find 480p still gives the best results (or 720p if you are using XBMC to watch films, as it does attempt to upscale)

3. mabell

mabell
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Roll on the XBOX 360, thats where the Z3 will really come into its own.

4. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +233
    I bought ATV vs MX 2 from DVDboxoffice for £18. It runs at 720p & 1080i on my Z1 without a problem :D