1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with 50wt29b ??

Discussion in 'TVs' started by jumbopants, Nov 5, 2003.

1. jumbopants

jumbopants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    just got my toshiba 50wt29b 24hrs ago, and have noticed when showing a black picture the screen has like a fussy dark line going from top to bottom about 2" to the right from the centre of the screen !! This line then fades out to what I would call a different colour black to what is on the left hand side, which now I've noticed it it's driving me nuts. Is this a common fault with rear projection sets? plus is there any way to correct this or is it a return to Toshiba job. ?? I rang Toshiba tech. help today but was not infront of the tv, he sugested to do the convergence which seemed to be ok, plus made no difference to the black screen fault I have. Starting from the left - the screen looks normal - then about 3 - 4" in towards the middle it gets a bit darker which is the whole top to bottom of the screen for about 1" - then it goes back to how it was - then about 2" past the centre I've got a very noticable top to bottom darker/differnt shade of black line. Then from there on the screen is a different shade black to the left hand side. This is very noticable when playing matrix dvd and the green code is falling down the screen.. Can anyone please help ??

2. jumbopants

jumbopants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
  3. rkb

rkb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi
    I have a toshiba 46who8b. I don't recall any black screen glitches, but you could try disconnecting ALL inputs and then re-connect one source (DVD best so you can select a dark scene).

Try the DVD on each of the (3) scarts in turn and also the component sockets. You will then be able to discount any cross-talk or interference from other sources that may cause the black shading.

Otherwise it might be back to Tosh.
    If you do get it sorted, in the longer term there is a terrific resource on the web for dealing with all sorts of Toshiba issues(as well as this forum), tweaking service menus, convergence etc- try:

http:/www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/index.htm

4. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    I've got one of the 50WT29B sets....I've had nothing like the problems you've described there,and given that the set is only 24hrs old,someone really should come out and either fix it or replace it.

5. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    does it do this on all inputs???

I have seen some DVD players when connected via component have a lighter black line down the middle on black scenes, but only if the contrsat /brightness were miles too high.. when adjutsed correctly, this was not visible..