Problem with 32" LCD, Should I send it back?

mac_monkey

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought the Samasung LE32A41B from QED and I am very happy with it apart from one thing.

The top right and bottom left corners seem to be lighter than the rest of the screen. It's only visible when changing channel on my digibox (the screen goes black for 1/2 a second) or on very dark scenes. It's quiet hard to describe but the light doesnt seem to be eminating from the edges of the box, but kind of like a floating cloud. It took me about 8 hours of watching the TV to notice this, but now I've noticed it's started to bug me, and I am contiplating sending it back.

Is it generally accepted that LCDs suffer from this? Can I send it back as defective? My TFT monitor also suffers from this problem, however, that didnt cost over a grand and the light areas seem to be coming from the edges.

hi m8, is it visible on all sources or just the digi-box, it could be down to the scart lead your using, have you tried DVD via component ?

Cheers
Taz

Yeah it visible on all sources. If I switch the source to DVI, to which nothing is connected at the moment, it has the same problem on the black screen. :(

not sure m8, but it could be down to intereference, have you tried disconnecting all leads and using the menu screen or built in tuner, (not sure if it has one) if the same things occurs then there maybe something wrong or it could be down to settings like contrast etc.

Taz

I dont think is down to settings like contrast because the problem is non-uniform . It could however be fixed by backlight settings(if these are accessable).

It's backlight leakage and part of the tech that is LCD. So long as it doesn't interfer with the image on screen (washed out colours in the corners) then I would say not a fault and something that can be reduced by settings in you menus.

Unfortunately it does. I havnt watched it yet but I imagine something like Star Wars will ne a nightmare. If I cant fix it by removing electromagnetic sources/fiddling with settings It will go back.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom