1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with 2 ipods on one computer

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by shyenglishgirl, Apr 1, 2005.

Tags:
  1. shyenglishgirl

shyenglishgirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello

I have a problem and i was just wondering if anybody could help me.

My brother got a mini ipod for christmas and i,ve just recently bought one too.
    We have to share the computer but have different user accounts and if i was to put the software (from my ipod) onto my account would it delete the his songs or ruin his ipod.

basically would we have to install the software that came with my ipod (ie its specifiacally designed for each ipod) or would we be able to use my brothers exsiting software and just plug in my ipod,would it run normally - would it damage my ipod.

:lease: help me

2. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    You should be fine with the software that's already on there - it doesn't care which ipod you have.

3. shyenglishgirl

shyenglishgirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To cwick

Thank you for your reply i,ll try the software with my ipod later.

4. NiceCupOfTea

NiceCupOfTea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. kstandsteve

kstandsteve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes this is no problem both myself and daughter have ipods. We run windows xp so have different accounts. Didnt even need to reload itunes 2nd time.

We both have our own independant libraries.

Only problem i foresee is 40gb ipod plus 20gb ipod = 60gb on your pc!! When the pods start filling up will need either a bigger hard drive or external bolt on just to store the music!