Problem wireless networking LG BD670

pidgeonpost

Standard Member
Reaction score
Folks....I wonder if anyone can suggest a solution to the problem I have networking my BD670 please?
I've had it nearly a year, and can't get it to network wirelessly succesfully to my BT Homehub.
Originally I had a Homehub 1, and the player was right on the edge of the hub's range. It did see it occasionally, but was basically unusable. I can't relocate the hub easily, but yesterday BT kindly donated a Homehub 3, which I was hoping would have a better range, and would solve the problem without resorting to buying powerplugs.The range does seem fractionally better when checked using other devices - but not much.
I can go through the wireless configuration menu on the player up to the point where I define the IP addressing (dynamic or static), but whichever I use, the player fails to set an IP address, so the configuration and subsequent test fails.
Out of desperation I tried disconnecting the hub and plugging it in (without the phone line) right next to the player, which would take the range issue out of the equation, but that didn't work either (I'm assuming here that the hub has no reliance on the phone line when it comes to working as a DHCP server).
So I'm out of ideas at present. The player tells me it has an update available for installation, which must have been detected during one of those rare occasions when the planets were in alignment, but attempts to install the update fails as the player can't see the network.
I don't have a huge amount of time to spend watching TV/films etc, but with winter looming it would be nice to have access to i-Player and a few other options.
Any clues much appreciated - thankyou!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom