• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PROBLEM: Wii's, Component Cables, and Surround Sound.

jameshardy89

Standard Member
Alright, so, I went out and bought the Component cable for the Wii, hoping for a much better viewing experience on my TH42PX70.

Now, a few months later, I've got myself a nice little Logitech 5.1 surround-sound system, with 2 optical inputs, a coax input, and those jacks for the 3.5 cables, or whatever they're called.

Unfortunately, there're no standard Red/White inputs for audio, so, I've found myself unable to access the (semi) surround sound from the Wii, as I obviously can't plug the two cables into anything but my plasma.

My question: Is it possible to purchase a red/white to optical/coax converter/adaptor thingy, so that all my problems can be solved, and I can listen to amazing Super Mario sounds from behind, and not just infront of me :D ?

D

Deleted member 207985

You should still be able to get surround sound (Pro-logic) by connecting your Wii to the TV. Then connect the TV audio out, to the surround Amp. Turn the direct sound from the TV, off completly.

jameshardy89

Standard Member
You should still be able to get surround sound (Pro-logic) by connecting your Wii to the TV. Then connect the TV audio out, to the surround Amp. Turn the direct sound from the TV, off completly.

ah, but see, my TH42PX70 plasma has no optical/coax audio out!

any other viable solution(s)?

G a f f e r

It doesn't need audio out as coax/optical.

It simply needs 2 analogue phono (red/white) audio outs which you connect via a standard phono stereo lead to an analogue audio phono input on your amp.

I'm pretty sure the Panny has such an analogue phono audio out btw (my sis's 42" Panny Viera does :)).

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom