• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problem While Running Cables in Wall

BioHzrd

Ive just been running the cabels for my 360, TVDrive etc in the cavitay wall beind where my tv will be going on monday but i have hit a Dwang half way up the wall and im just wondering what you guys would normaly do in this situation ??? I was thinking of just drilling a section of it out but im un sure what to do when patching the hole up as it will not be hiddin when the TV is up....

Could some one give me some help...it would be greatly appreciated. :)

jonny round boy

What is a Dwang?

I assume (from your other post in LCD bracket forum) that, as it's a stud wall you mean a noggin - a horizontal piece of timber between the uprights? If so, just drill out a section as you suggested, then patch it up with polyfilla or similar.

BioHzrd

Everyone has diffrent terms for them as a Sparky ive came to call them Dwangs guess it from the journeman saying it....

Yeah i was condidering that but if i run the cables thenpatch it ill end up having the cables permenent in my wall witch i dont relly want as f my 360 goes fault (touch wood it wont) then i need to take everything back including cables and dont want to chop into the wall again just for that....

A

alphasmith

Everyone has diffrent terms for them as a Sparky ive came to call them Dwangs guess it from the journeman saying it....

Yeah i was condidering that but if i run the cables thenpatch it ill end up having the cables permenent in my wall witch i dont relly want as f my 360 goes fault (touch wood it wont) then i need to take everything back including cables and dont want to chop into the wall again just for that....

Maybe use a piece of adaptable flex (Newey&Eyre), then you can bend it round the noggin and still draw a new cable in a later date if required?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom