• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problem Updating Wharfedale TU250DTR

alienandy

Just been given an old Wharfedale TU250DTR TopUpTV box by a friend.
When I first attempted to run the setup and use it I was not able to even pause live TV or record in any way. However, by formatting the HD from the menu it seemed to correct itself and from then on allowed me to record etc.

The only problem we have now is that the software/firmware is on v2.14, and apparently (according to TopUpTV) it should now be on v7.09.

Now I have attempted the things that they suggest I do on their website to try to grab an update from the airwaves, but nothing is happening! Now I really need this update for this box as I think it may be the reason why it does not find all the channels on Freeview. Now before you all say, 'that's down to the aerial', it is most definitely NOT! We have a very strong signal as both TV's in our house show. (They both have built in Freeview). So, without this update I think that this box is not much good to us as we can only pick up a dozen or so channels and that's it! lol.

How can I get an update? Or should I just throw it in the bin?

Thanks all.

Futaura

I'm not familiar of when/how TUTV transmit updates - for sure, it is different from how regular Freeview devices receives updates via the DTG. However, if it is of any help, I have the v4.34 (or is v5.12) software on my website at http://www.vestelpvr.futaura.co.uk/T845.php - this can be uploaded via a serial cable to update the box. By no means the latest version, but newer than you've got and maybe more chance that it'll pick up an over-air update.

alienandy

Thanks for that mate.
Now I'll go and see if I can find a RS232 cable. Probably got one lying around somewhere. lol.
I'll let you know what happens if/when I can give this a go.
Nice one.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom