1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem updating avr300 software

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by haggisman, Oct 1, 2004.

1. haggisman

haggisman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi all
    Struggling to update software to 2.9. No problem with uploading DSP; all went smoothly. However I get an error message "cannot connect, no response from reciever"
    or something similar. I've bought a new null modem cable, nil else running on laptop, no firewall, tried again with similar results. Initiallty Arcam helpdesk implied a bug in programme but the promised email with new programme never arrived. Further phone calls left Arcam stumped ie no new programme or bugfix in updater file and no new thoughts except try a new laptop. I know I could take it back to the dealer and suspect it may come to that, but being an essentially lazy so and so, and in truth not having much free time in shop opening hours, it would be so much simpler to fix it myself. I'm sure I've followed the instructions to the letter so pretty certain I'm not doing anything wrong but would value your wisdom
    Cheers

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    Are you sure you are putting the Arcam in the right programming mode. The programming mode for uploading the DSP is different to the one for uploading the software. For uploading the DSP you use the 'Preset -' button but for uploading the software you use the 'Preset +' button. It's also worth rebooting the computer if you haven't done so already as sometimes the COM port gets locked up after being used for the DSP upgrade.

3. haggisman

haggisman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks for your thoughts; done all as you have suggested. I'm sure I've followed the correct sequence on the Arcam, different info on the 300 display panel confirms this. Also rebooted laptop, new cable, no other options I can think of. I suppose I could deinstall/reinstall the unzipped Arcam software on the laptop though the hex file size is identical between the file I uploaded from the audiophile US site and the one sent from Arcam support.Other option would be to deinstall/reinstall the com port in Windows though in my experience XP is pretty stable. Haven't currently got access to another laptop as advised by Arcam.
    Cheers anyway