Problem to get HDMI signals through Onkyo Receiver to the Projector

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by rustad, Aug 29, 2013.

1. rustad

rustad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Suddenly, none of the HDMI input channels will pass to the projector (from the Onkyo Receiver), exept PC signal (which pass through any of the HDMI channels). I have no picture/sound from any source, exept from the TV / cable tuner, which just flicker, in/out all the time. What can possible be wrong? Everything worked fine until one day,..

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,481
    Try rebooting the system - power everything Off at the wall (not into Standby), leave for 20 secs then reboot.

Ensure all devices are running the latest Firmware the hardware manufacturers provide?

Try each Source on a direct connection to the Projector – bypass the AVR.

The PC is likely not adding HDCP to its Output – hinting at an HDCP issue, you can test this with a DVD or BD player by starting with no disc in the player, if you get an image then try inserting a disc.

Joe

3. rustad

rustad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, Joe, tried it all without success, BUT, guess what? I tried to unplug the HDMI cable from the Receiver, and nothing happened. Than I unplugged the cable on the Projector, and signal from the cable tuner was stable ! So I guess there is a problem with the projector,... :( What can possible be wrong so it stops/interupt all signals besides PC signal? Any idea? The projector isn EPSON EMP TW 1000.

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,481
    HDMI is a very complex collection of signals and handshakes – it doesn’t take much to disturb HDMI.

Disconnecting then re-connecting the HDMI cable at the Projector starts a whole series of handshakes initiated by the Sink (the Display device).

Trying to pin down this type of problem can be frustrating without some very costly test equipment.

As per previous message try and simplify the system to allow you to identify the problem item – you probably require a second Display device to try and prove the Source > AVR > Display path is working as required and if it stops working with the Projector back in place it’s time to have the HDMI port on the Projector looked at by an engineer (hopefully under warranty!).

Joe