1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem splitting RGB sky out to 2 RGB scart

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by jumbopants, Apr 29, 2005.

1. jumbopants

jumbopants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi, Just purchased a vivanco scart splitter from audio visual on-line, but the picture distorts when I have 2 scarts connected ? My setup is as follows - Toshiba 42" RPTV downstairs and Acer 26" lcd upstairs, I just purchased a 20mtr scart lead from audio visual on-line and a vivanco scart splitter box under there recomendation. I have the rgb out split from Sky with the vivanco box but the picture to the tv downstairs is rubbish and the lcd upstairs is excellent. As soon as I unplug the scart going to the upstairs LCD the picture downstairs then becomes fine. could the problem be macrovision ? Cos as soon as the 2 are connected to the Vivanco scart splitter the picture becomes rubbish on the Tv downstairs only. Or could the scart box be faulty ? I'm using top quality scarts and have tried different combinations/setting but always a poor picture on the 1 tv if both are connected. Can anyone throw any light on my problem ?or sugest another box that will do the job of splitting the rgb sky scart to 2 scarts with no interferance so the lcd and the RPTV can be watched at the same time.