1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem setting up DMR-ES10

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by davidjj, Sep 23, 2005.

1. davidjj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:

I received my new DMR-ES10 today which is going to replace my old E50. While setting the ES10 up I encountered an old problem which I also had with my E50 but which I never got the the bottom of.

My setup is as follows:

SKY -> VCR -> ES10 -> TV.

The connections are all scart. The problem I have is that when I set the Sky box to output a PAL signal everything is fine but when the Sky box outputs a RGB signal the picture moves a little bit to the left on the tv screen. This also occurs on recordings from the ES10 which I then play on my computer.

I always make sure that the AV2 input on the ES10 is set to the same signal type as the Sky box output. I have tried different settings for the various options involved but I can't find a solution!

In the past I just set the Sky box to output PAL but now that I have a new DVDR I want to try and set things up correctly. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to solve this problem?

Thanks very much,