problem saving need for speed carbon gameplay

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by b4rge, Dec 26, 2006.

1. b4rge

b4rge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My lad has been playing need for speed carbon all afternoon on xmas day and has modded his cars etc, but came to play the game again today and says he needs to start again at the begining. i have had a look at the game on start up and it does ask him to load saved data and asks him to confirm the hard drive as the stored game source which he confirms as yes, it then goes to load "tom". But this is where it it goes wrong because when he starts a new game or career it starts from the begining and not the saved point.

Hope it sounds as clear to you as it does in my head :confused: help appreciated as he is getting quite :suicide:

2. evade

evade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    All I can think is that maybe in the game options you have auto save switched off (even though I'm sure that's the default) worth a check :)

3. b4rge

b4rge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yea thats what i thought but having checked it it is turned on so iam at a complete loss. The fact that it has his name in the saved game part i would have thought he was saving correctly or does it do it automatically ?. and even if he was manually saving then it should be somewhere or am i wrong on this.

4. b4rge

b4rge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anybody:lease:

5. danvall1

danvall1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Has the game crashed when attempting to autosave as sometimes this can corrupt the save file, which happened to a mate and it seems to crash a fair bit in game to. What we both did was to turn of autosave and save manually, he couldnt work out how to recover his progress :confused:, they should have fixed this by now though with patches.