• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problem: Sanyo tv switches to cable or DVD during adverts

D

Didomcvig

I hope someone can answer this strange problem! I have a Sanyo tv, DVD and use a Virgin cable box. The remote control came with the TV, has Sanyo JXMTA written on it. The top left hand button says TV and a symbol which when pressed switches between TV (virgin media) AV1, DVD AV2, AV3 is blank, and lastly channel 9 which is for the video player. When it is on AV1 which is most of the time, it switches to AV2 during the advert breaks. If the DVD is switched off, it switches to channel 9 which is not programmed to any channel.
When watching a DVD, it will switch to AV1 randomly.
If anyone could tell me why this only happens during the adverts, and how to solve it, apart from only having TV/DVD/VIDEO switched on at one time, I'd be very grateful.

clockworks

The only thing I can think of is some weird problem with scart control on the Virgin box or AV1 input - maybe the video loses sync when the adverts start, and the control signal drops?

Try disabling scart control on the Virgin box or the TV - should be a setting in the menus somewhere. Failing that, snip the control wire inside one of the scart plugs.

Last edited:

nvingo

Distinguished Member
If anyone could tell me why this only happens during the adverts, and how to solve it, apart from only having TV/DVD/VIDEO switched on at one time, I'd be very grateful.
Yes the scart switching (pin 8) which normally is used to signal that a source device wants to display on the TV, now has a second function, aspect ratio control. So when the adverts are broadcast at different aspect ratio to the programme, the receiver signals this change by adjusting the pin8 voltage. The TV interprets this as the source switching off and the AV input cycles to the next active source.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom