• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PROBLEM - Samsung 32" LE32R73BDX...Advice please!

Dave FR PD130

Established Member
Hi all,

I've owned a Sammy LE32R73BDX for about 1.5yrs now and have a problem with my HDMI source and also the VGA source.

The TV and scart sources are fine and i don't experience any problems with either of these (although I hardly ever use the scart...tbh i've used it 3 times in the time i've owned it!). But nevertheless i've used the DTV source a lot and it works perfectly.

The problem I have with the HDMI and VGA sources, is that once the TV has warmed up (give it 10mins or so) I experience vertical lines from top to bottom of the screen, every 5 inches or so from left to right across. The lines are only about 1 pixel wide and seem to flicker.

The HDMI source is by far the worst out of the two and all the lines are all white. The VGA source is ok 75% of the time, but after prolonged use (say an hour or so) it gets worse than the HDMI, and I get white, blue and red lines.

I have tried plugging the TV into it's own wall socket (apposed to an multi port extension lead) and this had no effect. Also I have tried multiple HDMI cables and more than one device into the HDMI source (DVD and PS3). None of which made any difference.

As the TV is out of warrentee obviously i'd have to pay for any repairs etc...However after speaking with a Samsung repairer in London, I don't think it's worth paying the repair costs. They quoted like £115 just to come and look at the TV, then if required an hourly rate to repair it, and also £70 to take it to their repair shop, and also an hourly rate plus parts at the repair shop if required also.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions, I'd really like to hear them!

Thanks in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom