1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem recording VHS to DVD on Panasonic E85

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Dene, May 23, 2004.

1. Dene

Dene
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong -- I have the AV1 on the Panasonic connected to my TV, and the AV2 connected to my Sony VCR (which only has 1 SCART connection). However, when I click on to AV2 on the Panasonic, I'm getting sound only to record, not picture.

Strangely, swapping over the SCARTs on the E85 (i.e., the TV to AV2 and the video to AV1) I do get picture and sound -- but a picture which is showing interference, a ghosting from some other channel. Therefore, neither way is acceptable for transferring to disc.

If anyone can assist I'd be very grateful!

2. Digiman

Digiman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    It should work in the original configuration. Just make sure that the VCR signal output (composite/s-video/rgb) corresponds to the E85 AV2 set up. Sorry if that's obvious.

If still no luck then: try a different scart if possible. Connect VCR scart direct to TV - check picture is there. connect e85 to TV - check picture. Connect VCR to AV2 and change e85 channel to AV 2 - picture should appear. If not check E85 AV2 set up again. Hit record.

Hope that helps. I am assuming you are not trying to record a macrovision protected tape.

3. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You would normally have the AV2 input set to RGB for your digibox output.When connecting a vcr you must change the input to VIDEO(or s-video if it's an svhs).This will restore picture.Remember to change it back to RGB afterwards.

4. nialli

nialli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I had exactly the same problem until I changed the AV2 input to "video" (as Phelings suggests). Now everything okay. Remember though to change it back to RGB if you reconnect it to a cable/Sky box: the difference is quite notable.

5. f_drew

f_drew
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a quick question, I've been able to transfer tv recordings from video/VHS without problem, but when I tried to put 'Pedicab Driver' from Made In Hong Kong on disc I get a message from the E85 to say that this is not possible. Is that Macrovision, or another copy protection scheme ?

6. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If its a copy protection issue it would say.Is it an NTSC original.What is the exact message your recorder displays?

7. f_drew

f_drew
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's a UK video that's PAL AFAIK.

It's from a Sony SLV-SF90 VHS recorder via SCART to AV2 on the E85.

The message is something like 'Copying is not allowed' or 'Cannot record protected material'. Something like that. I'm not too sure as my memory is a bit hazy about it. :)