1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem recording sky personal planner

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by happyh, Oct 18, 2004.

1. happyh

happyh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi , Advice please guys.
    I have viera tv, old Pany sky, Pany E55dvdr.
    I want to record sky using the Personal Planner so have used the connections as shown below. The DVDr now records personal planner fine (although not in RGB .The manual says not possible with personal planner, plus sky AV2 is not RGB)
    So thats ok and I'm happy..
    My problem is that now whenever I use the DVDr on playback it takes over the viera AV1 (plus AV4 as it should) so I cannot hop over to watch sky without stopping the DVDr and turning it off. This may seem like a stupid query, but for some reason I channel hop like this quite a bit!

My connections:
    Sky AV1 RGBscart to Viera AV1 (for normal viewing of sky)
    Sky AV2 video scart to E55 AV2 (as per E55 manual for personal planner recording)
    E55 AV1 scart to viera AV4( Sound/DVB recording. The problem still exists if it remove this connection)
    E55 Comp out to viera AV4C (For best DVD pic)

Suggestions please.Thanks a lot.

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    You really would be better ignoring the personal planner system to get the benefit of rgb quality. It only takes a few seconds to programme the recorder to record at the same time the personal planer selects the program you want, and you also avoid the loss at start while the recorder switches on, and any potential over-run of the program at the end, by giving a few minutes leeway on the recording time.
    As long as the digibox is left on prior to auto selecting it will switch to the required program at the start of the programme and continue transmitting that channel until another personal planer item appears, or you manually intervene, meaning you don't miss the end of an over-runing prog.

3. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    You can then also connect the vcr out from the digibox to the tv, giving a route to view digital whilst recording from analogue or whilst the unit is paused when playing a dvd.

4. happyh

happyh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks Ken.
    I guess I was just after what should logically be available.
    With it connected as I have it i should be able to record as you describe,with rgb, via DVDr AV1 and using the non RGB personal planner.via AV2
    And when I switch the viera to AV1 it should be sky!

Who knows ,eh?