Problem recording from Freeview

steve1234X

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a Ferguson FDTT2500 freeview box and am trying to set it up so that i can record onto an VCR LG model LV700. Trouble is, i cannot see the Freeview channel when i attempt to tune in channels on the VCR. I have tried replacing some of the SCARTs as i've heard that you need to use fully switched SCARTs in order for this to work. This doesnt appear to have helped though.

The VCR only has one SCART socket as does the TV. The Freeview box has a VCR and TV SCART socket.

Any ideas would be gratefully received>?

I have a Ferguson FDTT2500 freeview box and am trying to set it up so that i can record onto an VCR LG model LV700. Trouble is, i cannot see the Freeview channel when i attempt to tune in channels on the VCR. I have tried replacing some of the SCARTs as i've heard that you need to use fully switched SCARTs in order for this to work. This doesnt appear to have helped though.

The VCR only has one SCART socket as does the TV. The Freeview box has a VCR and TV SCART socket.

Any ideas would be gratefully received>?

Scart from VCR to Freeview VCR scart socket. Scart from Freeview TV scart socket to TV. When recording select AV1 (or whatever the video calls the scart socket) as the source.

Record.

When you press play on the VCR, the video signal should overwrite the Freeview signal and send the video picture to the TV via the two scart leads.

No need to tune in channels on VCR - there are no new channels on your VCR. It still only has the five channels it always ever had - it doesn't have a digital tuner in it. That's why you record from scart on Freeview box.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom