Problem playing home-video DVD on Panasonic DMP-BDT110

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Izak, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Izak

Izak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just tried playing an oldish home-video DVD on our Panasonic DMP-BDT110 Blu-Ray player and it is unwatchable. Everything from the main menu to the actual home video itself plays very jittery, in slow motion and about 1 second of sound every 15 seconds or so.

I created the DVD back in 2003 on my iMac G4 using the iDVD software that came with it. The disc plays fine in other devices we have including a Toshiba VCR/DVD Combi, a PS3 and my PC and iMac. So why should the Panasonic play it so badly?

I've tried changing various settings on the player including the TV resolution, turning 24p mode off and altering sound settings but nothing has worked and it still plays badly.

Every other, shop-bought DVD I've tried on the Panasonic seems to work ok as well as a home-video DVD I created earlier this year on my PC using Windows DVD Maker. All Blu-Ray discs play fine too.

Can anyone advise on what the problem could be and if there is a way to resolve it? Thanks

EDIT: In case it helps with diagnosis, the disc in question is an Apple 4.7GB DVD-R. The Blu-Ray player is also fully updated with the latest firmware too.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012