1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem or NO Problem????

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Jonezy102, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Jonezy102

Jonezy102

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

i just got a SANYO DVD HOME THEATER SYSTEM DC-TS760. Everytime I start the machine, it makes a strange rattling noise (that i think is coming from the case), similar to de-magnetizing your Pc monitor, i was wondering if this is mearly 'how it is' with this particular dvd player, OR that there is actually a problem?? At the moment i can't tell! I tried to see if the case was loose, but it was very secure. i JUST DON'T KNOW!!

Thanks!!

2. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    To be honest if my player made a noise when i started it up, I would take it straight back. its not natural for a player to rattle. Take it back and exchange it.

3. dsw182

dsw182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    If it is the sound I think it is, it is normal. I have heard it on most of the AV receivers I have used.

However, to make sure nothing is wrong - You're probably better off asking in one of the AV Hardware forums, like 'DVD players' or 'All in one systems'.

4. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    Come to think of it, is it just like a sort of click noise, a few seconds after start up???? If it is then most amps do it, its just the internals turning on, but if its deffinatley a rattle then im not sure, as DSW182 said above, probably best in the DVDplayers forums. click the report this thread link at the bottom of one oif the posts and ask a moderator to move it for you.

5. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,490
    moved to all-in-one forum.
    Greg

6. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    Some systems have a speaker protection circuit that clicks in after about 2 seconds. It protects the speakers from any power on surges or interference and you'll also hear it click in 2 seconds after unplugging headphones. Its normally a nice clean and solid click noise.