1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Nebula DigiTV / Asus A8V mobo

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by LiquidTV, Jan 2, 2005.

1. LiquidTV

LiquidTV
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    After spending some hard earned cash I finally took the plunge in building my own PC.

I was met with numerous problems but eventually got the beast up & running.

I also included a Nebula TV card within the spec, but for some reason I am unable to receive sound via the Audigy 2ZS platinum Soundcard. Suffice to say I have uninstalled drivers for both the TV card & the Sound Card. I have checked & re-checked all the settings which includes the service module in admin tools, but nothing. I have also disabled the onboard AC97 mobo sound via the BIOS

I have read somewhere that there maybe a conflict with the Asus A8V mobo SATA controllers & the TV card, although this does not show up on the device manager which shows to be working fine. Another interesting point is that for some reason windows (XP2), will not play any system sounds (Ie Start up, error sounds etc). Also I am unable to play anything on musicmatch which produces a message "Waveout not supported". I am however able to get sound from games, music using the creative media source & nVidia DVD player.

I have e-mailed Nebula but suspect they will not be able to resolve the issue. I may see if I can exchange for a USB version.

Does anyone have any similar problems??

2. StevieDvd

StevieDvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    Have you tried amending the settings in the control panel. It is possible to run two soundcards at once, I do.

You need to set one for Windows default and let other software select the other.

Goto Control Panel - Sounds & Audio Devices - Audio Tab - Sound Playback

Worth a try checking.