1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem me thinks!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by papa_flump, Jul 28, 2005.

1. papa_flump

papa_flump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    just about to go for the panny pw7 from the special offer link...

decided to go the route of... rgb>plasma vga converter from jst...

however with the kit we have... standard sky box & pioneer nsdv99 (dvd &amp in one) a switching unit is reqd... problem :confused:

the missus wants to watch sky upstairs & me a dvd downstairs.... if sky is the primary unit then for me to watch the dvd I would have to turn sky off... leaving her with only grey haze on the set upstairs.

If the dvd player is set as the primary feed then I would not get sound downstairs on sky as the sound would have to come through the nsdv99... and as soon as thats turned on.... bingo the dvd would overide my sky picture.

are there any other switching units that can be used that will let me keep the two devices powered up at the same time, and select what one I want to be output to the jst converter as well as give the same quality in performance?

cheers

2. papa_flump

papa_flump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    mep.. thanks but the dvd all in one has only scart & s/video outputs, no component, how would I connect? also I should have made clearer that I would prefer only one cable running to the screen... approx 6mtr run.

thanks

3. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    yeah, sorry deleted my mail after you edited yours.....sounds like you would need a new amp

4. papa_flump

papa_flump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    bugger... is there no other decent switching (manual) device available?

cheers again

5. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    my heads not working very well today :)...so your wife would watch sky upstairts on a normal telly with sound built in. So you're right I think you just need a scart splitter so you can watch dvd on the pwd7....you just need to make sure its one that passes rgb through.

6. papa_flump

papa_flump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    cheers mep.

yeh... the trouble is that we need both nsdv99 & sky on downstairs to watch sky as the sound will be coming through the nsdv99.

we also nee sky on all the time as the rf output to the amp in the loft (feeds all other rooms) is only active if sky is powered up.

the js master switch would be of no use as from what I understandhence the need for a manual or selectable switching unit :rolleyes:

7. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468