1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem linking PTAE700 to PC with DVI

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Ray, May 12, 2005.

1. Ray

Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi,

I've posted this in the PC forum and got a couple of pointers from Kragorn but thought someone here might also have this setup/issue.

I've just got a PTAE700 and was checking connections (to make sure all is ok before all the cables get buried in the wall) when I came a cross a problem.

I have a Radeon 9600 Pro with vga and dvi outputs. When I connect the PJ via vga all is fine and dandy. When I connect the PJ via DVI to VGA and use it as my second monitor all is fine also. BUT when I use my DVI/HDMI cable I get nothing on the HDMI input on the PJ.

I have no other HDMI sources to try with the projector and don't want to play DVDs via the VGA connection.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be ?

Thanks

Ray

2. mickey

mickey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +268
    Hi Ray, how long is your dvi cable?, is it a reasonable quality one?, I have read cheap ones cant go over much distance, is the pj on before you boot up the pc?, i think it was a 9600 ati card i used many moons ago on an ae500 but that was with a £150 bettercables dvi lead, and I dont remember having to enable dvi on the card to get a picture. sorry cant be more helpful but never got round to tryin dvi on the ae700. Mike

3. Ray

Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi there - how you doing ?

I've got a Lindy HDMI/HDMI cable and a DVI/HDMI adaptor to go in the PC DVI socket. I suspect it's an ATi DVI output issue rather than a cable/PJ issue but need to investigate further. Will let you know if I solve this .

Got yourself a new plasma setup yet ?

Ray

:)

4. mickey

mickey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +268
    hi Ray, Not sorted anything out yet , got a living room consisting of four bare plaster walls with channels dug out all over the place looks like a bombs hit it but cant decide what to do with it yet? but wifey,s ready for a divorce :eek: :lesson: . mike