1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem learning buttons on Pronto

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Hallsy, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Hallsy

Hallsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Playing with my pronot and just some basic screens to get to know how to use it and make sure evrything works with my equipment as I want it to.

Anyway, I've encountered my first problem, when I use either the AV button ot 4:3/16:9 button on my LG TV remote it doesn't scroll through. For instance, if I'm on TV and I press AV it will switch to AV1 but no further. Same with 4:3/16:9, it will go to Zoom then nothing. I have tried pressing quicly or holding, no difference. Strange thing is if when doing the AV button, if I press the button twice on my LG remote, when using the Pronto it will switch twice and continuing going round, i.e press AV and goes through AV1, then to AV2. Press it again and it will go through AV2-S to AV3, etc.
    Anyway around this problem?

2. Hallsy

Hallsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Anyone?

3. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Can't quite understand what the problem is, but maybe you want descrete codes...??
    Try a filesearch on www.remotecentral.com

4. Hallsy

Hallsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    You mean, I haven't made it clear?

I'm having trouble with a button that is supposed to toggle through say four states, but once it is learned it will toggle once, then no further.
    BUT, if I tried pressing the source button twice and learning it, the pronot would skip twice, and continue skipping twice through the list.

Just can't work out why it won't do it normally for one press.

No discrete codes at remotecentral for my LG.

What I'm saying is if the AV button is meant to go:
    TV>AV1>AV2>AV2-s?AV3>AV3-s>TV, etc it will only switch once to AV1 then no further.

5. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Aha - crystal now - but.... I can help - sorry... sounds most odd... can you post a question at remotecentral?

6. mark pallister

mark pallister
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hi
    i have the same problem the only way i found to make it work was to create 3 seperate buttons and move it one step at a time
    ie av1 to av2 to av3
    bit of a clart on but at least it works without having to use original remote
    ps cant get it to do a macro of this function!
    hope this helps in some way

7. Hallsy

Hallsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yeah, unfortunate that you can't get the macro to work as if you could then you could have AV1 AV2 AV3 as separate buttons which would also solve the toggling problem. Maybe I'll try this myself.
    Just struggling to find the time to sit down and program it.

8. Hallsy

Hallsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Oh dear, I have more problems with my LG remote and getting the Pronto to operate my LG TV properly.
    It seems that the pronto can't use a button in succesion (except for possiblt the volume buttons). This applies to AV switching as above, but also, say I turn on the TV by pressing channel 1, if I press 1 again the TV will not respond. Likewise say I am uisng teletext and wanted to input 111, I wouldn't be able to only 1, then nothing would happen and I'd have to use a different button. Same with if I pressed TXT button then wanted to go back to TV staright away, the TXT button won't work until I press something else!!
    I think I'm going to post up on remote central about this, could be really annoying if I can't sort out a solution.
    It's as if the LG remote outputs a different IR code if it is pressed in succesion, but surely not?

9. Stoatman

Stoatman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    I have exactly the same problem with my kameleon 8. The only way round it i found was to press say the AV button, then press the volume up one then the av button again. if say i wanted to move from TV to AV2. Not ideal though but it saves me getting the other remotes from the cupboard !