Problem importing Itunes Album Artwork.....it's sloooooow

Discussion in 'Apple Forum' started by LFCRules, Sep 13, 2007.

1. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Anyone else having a similar problem...my story:

1) I have a 15" MBP 2.33, and a new Ipod Classic 160Gb delivered yesterday :thumbsup:
    ....That's the good bit, but now the bad
    2) With the 160Gb, decided to re-import all my CD's under Apple Lossless. But given my MBP has 120Gb only, decided to move my Itunes Music folder to my WD 500Gb external hard drive, which is connected to my Airport Extreme Base Station, so it's a wireless connection from MBP to WD.
    3) Moved over to external no probs, and relinked Itunes library to it's new location on the wireless network... all sorted....not...
    4) Then Itunes started to play up, and lost it's connections to the new music location. Ok I thought, not a problem, so I linked the library back to the MBP empty library, and backed up the Album Artwork library, and deleted my whole library. Relinked back to the external drive, reimported the whole music collection and it built it's new library, copied the Album Artwork folder back. All sorted....but...
    5) In re-importing my CD's in Apple Lossless, I am dragging and dropping the artwork of the CD's onto my desktop before import, so it's not lost (most of my collection have manual artwork, not one's from Apple Store as they don't have them). Once re-imported, I drag and drop the artwork back in..........and this is where I have the problem, the artwork is sooooooooo slow putting it back onto the tracks. It's literally taking 3 or 5 mins per track!! So for a 20 track album, it's intolarable.

Is anyone else in a similar scenario and have the same problems? Is this an Itunes problem, should I wait for a software upgrade, or just bite the bullet and start again from scratch, rebuild whole library, and download all my Album Artwork from the internet again and drag-drop it into Itunes again?

Obviously this time though I'm going to keep all the artwork I download in it's own seperate folder in case it gets lost!!

Cheers, Andy

2. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188