problem getting sanyo z3 image square (not positioning issue)

dirtystudent

Standard Member
I have a sanyo z3 which occasionally comes with me on trips to london, however, after the last trip when I put it back in it's usual place i have noticed that the to right corner has stretched out. that is to say the top right corner is less than 90 degrees. the other 3 corners are exactly right and reach to the same places on the wall as usual and I have tried playing with the lense shift /angle to no avail. even if i hold a piece of paper in front of the beam the shape is clearly stretched on the top right. Is is possible that I have cause this by a knock in transit? I am usually very careful when transporting it but this is the only reason for the distortion I can think of? Could it be an lense inside that's come out of its housing or something and if so is this soething i could service myself? (the PJ's pretty old now and probably isn't going to be worth a new bulb when it comes to it..)

Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Dan

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom