Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

problem deciding between Sony NW HD1 and 5

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Catastrophe, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Catastrophe

Catastrophe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my friend already came back from hk, and HD5 isnt out yet....... :mad:
    now i'm really inpatient in getting a new mp3 player cos my old creative muvo2's battery died...

also, i live in australia, the price of HD1 just dropped down alot to 378AUD, which is about 280USD? and the HD1 is already upgraded for mp3 playback, with 1 yr australian warranty, but...if i buy a HD5 by asking another friend in hk, i wont get any local warranty, though the price is about 400AUD converted, or about 300USD.

is the HD1 worth buying..? i'm very demanding for long battery life, can hd1 last 20hrs on average playing all atrac3plus 256kps? and for HD5 owners, how long is battery life on average?

2. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +553
    I got over 27.5 hours continuous play on my NW-HD1 (with atrac3plus 64kps) whilst running an rm-mc40elk remote.

Not too much messing about with it whilst playing though, but I'm sure you should get 20 hours with normal usage.

3. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a hd3 and thats got a great battery, life i think the hd1 is the same, personaly i would go for the hd1. its cheaper and more reliable judging from all the comments about button breaking etc on this forum.