1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem copying VRO files on to hard drive

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by gravesend46, Jun 11, 2003.

1. gravesend46

gravesend46
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've used my HS2 to burn some DVD-RAM discs, and want to copy them on to my PC for editing. I've got a Toshiba 1612 to do this, but trouble is it freezes my machine every time I try to drag the VRO file over.

I have two hard disks installed and it does this on both. I've also tried importing the VRO file direct from the Toshiba into MovieFactory or DVD Workshop. Again, it freezes the PC.

I'm running XP on an 850MHz Athlon, with 768MB of RAM so I would've thought the PC would be up to the job. Only thing I can think is the fact I have two hard drives and three optical drives, the strain on my IDE transfer is a bit much, but I wouldn't have thought so. :thumbsdow

Any ideas...?

2. Shotsfan

Shotsfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I assume you have a DVD drive that can read DVD-RAM disks? Most DVD-ROM drives are not compatible with DVD-RAM. If you have a PC DVD-RAM recorder etc it could be a driver issue..... he says hoping that sounds like I know what I'm talking about :)

3. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Hi

Sounds like a problem with the UDF drivers. In order to see the VRO file you need UDF drivers, these might be InstantWrite, SoftArch WriteDVD or others. You must have something installed to get to see the VRO file.

What drivers are you using?

Regards

Philip