Problem controlling UM7450PLA with Alexa

iqoniq

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm currently replacing a load of Google devices with Alexa, and almost everything (smart home) is working as expected (with the exception of 2 fans not being able to set the power level, although they turn on and off), apart from the TV in the bedroom (and probably all the others as they're LG of various flavours). If I try and do anything with it I get "Sorry but the device doesn't support that...".

I've jumped through all the hoops, disconnected devices and set them up again, reset the TV, tried to do the trick with the Alex web based portal (only to find the site is nerfed beyond any real use), disconnected the LAN, connected to WiFi, uninstalled/reinstalled Alexa and ThinQ on my phone (Android) and the whole shebang, and still nothing.

The problem seems to be that Amazon can see the TV, but it's seeing the TV as two devices. At first I thought the ThinQ app had picked up one of the other TVs, but as I'd physically unplugged them (I'd already had identical devices listing themselves as 1, 2, 3 etc and having to figure out which fan and light was where so did this as a precaution). One of the devices I can delete, but the second one I can't really do anything with. It works fine with the ThinQ app so I know it's registered somehow despite the client on both the TV and the phone throwing up errors when trying to connect.

Also, if I try and connect using my Google account on the TV (what the ThinQ account was originally set up with), then the screen blacks out for a few MINUTES and it seems like the TV is on dialup and waiting for the page to download. Once it finally does that it's so laggy it's unreal.

So does anyone know any tricks or tips beyond what Google has spat out?

Thanks in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom