• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problem contacting Arcam via Email.

Pollensa1946

Established Member
Anyone else had problems getting a response from Arcam support.
Wrote to them about 1 month ago via email, got an automated response saying they would respond to my query. Nothing so far. Wrote to them again, did not even get the automated response.
Is this what they call support ?

sapper

Established Member
Wrote to them about 1 month ago via email, got an automated response saying they would respond to my query. Nothing so far. Wrote to them again, did not even get the automated response.

I hope that is a one off, reading through these forums one gets the impression that their after sales support was second to none

But if that is changing then it is a worrying trend.

Recently there was a discussion within these forums about how quiet the arcam forum members are, particularly John Dawson.

I have heard they have had problems and made staff redundant but still....

All I can suggest is to call them via phone; and/or write via registered post!!

adeeb

Standard Member

I can tell you that their support in my case was brilliant. Initially by email, they also took the time to schedule a phone call to answer all of my questions, and they answered them thoroughly.

I realize that many of us AVR600 owners are upset by the issues that have come up. However, after speaking with them I am confident that all problems will be resolved in future firmware updates.

I suggest that you try to send another email.

joe1515

Standard Member
I have had mixed results. I probably emailed them 10 times. They replied great to about 5 and the other 5 I am still waiting to hear a response and it has been months. Recently there response has been non existent.

Joe

birdseed

Established Member
I emailed them about a problem with my AVR 300 about two months ago.
I didnt get a reply, not even an acknowledgement.

When i emailed around a month ago with a problem with my AVP888, i got a response with a suggestion on how to fix the problem within 24 hrs.

The telephone no isnt listed on the website any more, not a good sign. I did however find it on this site somewhere, and used that to give them a call. They were quite helpful, and not at all surprised that someone had got through to them.

Wag

Established Member
I also have had mixed responses to Emails.

I have always had excellent support via phone. The latest being about only a few days ago regarding firmware for my CD37.

At the risk of upsetting Arcam, the phone number is:

Tele: +44 (0)1223 203200

mk

Established Member
Just called on that number and got the usual excellent response and quality service!

Pollensa1946

Established Member
I'll try calling next week when I have some time to spare.
Meanwhile let me explain my minor problem which started this thread. I bought an ex-display AV9 from Sevenoaks, delighted with it and the service from the dealer. Went onto the Arcam website (as advised in the AV9 paperwork) to register the 5-year guarantee via the online registration process, at the end of which the system advised that I would receive an acknowledgement "token", which would require to be produced in the event of any claim outwith the initial manufacturers 2-year guarantee. I assume by "token" they mean a reference number.
Never received anything in two months gone by. Emailed them three times so far and received nothing other than an automated response to the first.
Am I being over-anxious or has their system broken down ?

t-roten

Established Member
Had pretty much the same experience with the Arcam web site registration for my DV139. There was no "token" or similar, but after a few weeks a letter came with the certificate in it.

So might be stuck in mail (due to the strike at Royal Mail).

Baaz

Standard Member
It took a while for me to get mine too for my AVR600, but with it was a note apologizing for the delay. Don't remember the reason though but I wouldn't worry.

Edit: Took about 2½ month before I received mine

/B

Last edited:

Len44

Established Member
Hmmm... Been a Couple of months since I did the site registration for two items -- no response so far.

Hope it's just a glitch and something will turn up soon...

Boris786

Novice Member
My (very) positive experience:
Emailed re information on 3 channel modules and technical question re bi-wiring. Arcam responded to both within two days. One within two hours.
Telephoned technical advice re faulty remote control. On explaining issue, was immediately told new rc would be posted. Newer model rc arrived two days later. Significantly better service that that from Sony (dreadful) and Naim (average) this year.
I realise this is an old thread but thought it might be worth updating. This has been my experience in the last month.
It does seem tel nos is hidden and Arcam seem to be following the 'modern' trend of closing off telephone contact.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom