Problem connecting XBOX 360 to PV500 through component

jakeyw

Standard Member
Reaction score
When I connect my XBOX 360 to my PV500 using the supplied component leads, I select 'component' input on the TV and although I get a picture, it's very fuzzy and in black and white. If I connect the component leads into the supplied SCART adapter, there are no problems. Does anyone know what the problem may be?

Are you plugging in the right leads?
Have a look in the instruction manual.
There are six RCA phono plugs on the cable, 2 of them are grouped together (a red and a white) - these are audio.
You will also have another Red, a Green, a Blue and a Yellow - these are video. Make sure you plug in the Red, Green and Blue Video connections into the corresponding connections on your TV. You should have a Yellow, Red Audio and White Audio not plugged in.
Try the picture now!

If this works plug the spare Red and White audio ones into the audio in your TV. Leave the Yellow video one out.

Sorry that this is a 'child friendly' explanation, but it's best for me to assume you know nothing. I thought I'd better do it this way as you said 'connect the component leads into the supplied SCART adapter' :thumbsdow

That's sorted it out. Many thanks.
If there's a numpty of the week award, can I claim it?
I'm not normally this dim, honest! :oops:

Don't worry, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

There is stiff competition for the Numpty award, so get your claim in early :)

Is there not some sort of switch on the lead which chooses between composite and component?

Rooster-X

The difference is absolutely amazing. PGR3 is stunning.
I now know what I'm doing this weekend:)
I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

rooster-x said:
Is there not some sort of switch on the lead which chooses between composite and component?

Rooster-X
Kinda.
There is a switch to choose between SD (Standard Def) and HD (High Def).
If using composite u need it set to SD
If using component I believe you can have it on either depending on your screen. If your screen is HD Ready switch it to HD, if not.....don't!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom