• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problem connecting using wireless

worcesterglen

Standard Member
I have had my computer connected to the internet with ethernet with no problems but I have just tried using a usb wireless dongle ( ethernet disconnected ) and although it says I am connected I cannot get any I.E or mail. I would have liked to turn off the firewall but it says I have etrust ez firewall running ,but cannot find it anywhere !!! (using search or remove programs )

Does anybody have any ideas of why I might not be getting I.E ect, I am not sure if it's a firewall, network connections or usb adapter problem. My xp is quite unstable at the best of times !

Tomorrow I will try a different usb adapter.

Any help or advice will be a great help

Thanks Worcesterglen

worcesterglen

Standard Member
I have sorted it now, seems I was getting mixed up with codes for wep and wpa when setting up the adapter. The thing that threw me was the Belkin utility was saying I was connected when in reality I had entered the wrong code ! :thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom