• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problem connecting to another PC on network

SanPedro

Prominent Member
Hi all

Not sure if this is the best place to post this...

I have a number of laptops at home on a wireless network. All seemed fine up until a week or so ago. It started with my laptop seemingly being disconnected from the network. It was showing as connected to the network, yet no internet access or access to other PCs on the network. At first I thought it was the router, but others on the network have not had the same problem.

I'm also experiencing problems connecting to other PCs on the network, even though I can see them in the network folder. Sometimes I can connect and sometimes not.

Any suggestions? is it the router, or possibly the network card? or software related?

simplicity96

Distinguished Member
The router would be the first port of call with a few machines going off the network. First reset the router then go from there.

spyder viewer

Distinguished Member
Are you using workgroups or homegroups? Check all settings are same. Check drives are mapped.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom