1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem connecting Pace box to DVD, any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Dom H, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Dom H

Dom H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My tv has 2 scarts, only 1 rgb, I want to run both my DVD and Pace free-to-air box on the single rgb socket. I tried to plug the pace scart into the back of my dvd and run the dvd scart to the rgb socket, problem is the Pace scart has the aerial and mains cable plugged into the actual scart plug itself. This means the output scart and the pace scart don't fit next to each on the back of the dvd as the scart on the pace is far too wide. Is there any way of fitting some sort of scart extension (preferably only couple of inches long) so I can plug a normal sized scart into the player from the pace?

Many Thanks

Dom.

2. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    :confused:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Especially....

problem is the Pace scart has the aerial and mains cable plugged into the actual scart plug itself

If your DVD has two SCART sockets then it's just a case of connecting from the TV SCART on your STB into the SCART in on your DVD and then from the SCART out on your DVD to your RGB SCART on your TV.
    Don't forget to set all devices to ouput RGB.

Or are is it just space you are struggling with on the back of your STB, which you shouldn't be.

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Try one of the flat scart leads as they fit into smaller spaces than the conventionally shaped ones.

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,909
    For Kevo's benefit:

The Pace FTA adapter is a really neat device with a big BUT. It has no sockets or connectors of any kind, except a single thick cable coming from its rear which terminates in a special SCART plug which also contains an aerial input socket. The idea being that you use it, as its name suggests to adapt an analog TV to digital. You plug the scart into the TV, and the aerial into the special socket on the Scart, and away you go.

The addition of an aerial socket to the SCART plug makes it physically larger - too large, in fact, to plug in alongside another scart if the two sockets are too close together.

For Dom H - hindsight is wonderful. If you had only gone down to Comet and bought one of the ex-ITV digital boxes that they are now selling, for you to keep, for £99, you would have many more connection options - 2 scarts plus separate audio and video sockets, plus a programmable timer to boot. Pity.

5. mikey

mikey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a similar problem with connecting up my DVD. Used TV AV1(RGB) for the DVD and TV AV2 for the Video via the OffDigital box. Worked OK but OffDigital needs to be off for the Video to come through.

Have now bought a BT22 scart switch from beyondhifi and will use that. The connections will be:

TV AV1 to switch
    Switch in 1 to DVD
    Switch in 2 to OffDigital
    OffDigital to Video
    Video to AV2

Yet to connect up, will do one evening this week. Let me know if you want further feedback. I strongly recommend beyondhifi, both price and service have been brilliant. You can buy on the phone if you don't trust the net.

6. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Well I connected the DTVA to the bed room TV and DVD to the living room TV

Much easier!