Problem connecting dvd player to philips 32pw6515

eamonn37

Standard Member
I am trying to connect a new DVD player to a 2nd hand philips 32pw6515 tv. I doing this via scart connection. I have connected the scart into the EXT1 socket. On the EXT1 channel, audio plays no problem. However while there is an image on screen, it is scrambled, slightly scrolling from bottom right to top left, and is unwatchable.

Should I be watching this on channel EXT 1 or is there an AV channel I should be viewing? (I cant find the usual AV channel - but perhaps EXT1 is an AV channel?).

Is it possible that the scart connection in back of philips tv is broken? I have been able to use the DVD player, hassle free, with a different tv.

thanks.

NST

EXT 1 is normally the correct socket to use. Try going through each AV mode on the remote and see if you land on the correct one. Some TV's have issues when in tuner mode, so you have to manually select the AV channel.
If that doesn't work, try a different SCART cable (make sure it's a fully wired one as well).

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I have connected the scart into the EXT1 socket. On the EXT1 channel, audio plays no problem. However while there is an image on screen, it is scrambled, slightly scrolling from bottom right to top left, and is unwatchable.

Try it in EXT2 which is for Composite and S-Video signals...EXT1 is an RGB input....what type of video output is your DVD player configured to output?

eamonn37

Standard Member
Thanks for replies so far. I have tried it in EXT2 but got no picture or sound. I dont know what output DVD player is configured to output. I will check the manual tomorrow.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom