Problem by playing DVD-R on my Pioneer DVR-5100

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bibi, Jan 3, 2005.

1. bibi

bibi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good Morning,
    First, sorry for my bad english !

!!! :lease: help me !!!

I have a big problem, when I buy my Pioneer 5100, I put all my old VHS, like movies when I was baby..., on DVD-R, because I thought it was better for the quality of archiving... I burn also movies I recorded on HDD from TV.

I now when I want to play some of these movies, the information on the screen "Loading" appearse very long and after some minutes "Can't play" is displaying on the screen. :suicide:

I was sure that every DVD burning with this Pioneer can be read on this machine ! What have I do wrong ?

Can someone help me ?

Thanks in advance.

Bibi

2. ernet

ernet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What about playing on others DVD Players?

Have you finalized recorded Discs ?

3. bibi

bibi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ernet,

No problem, they works well, and yes I finalized them all...

I think this a problem between VR Mode and Video Mode, is it possible ?

When I want to play a DVD on my computer, only the Video Mode are running, is it possible that it is the same problem with my Pioneer ?

4. ernet

ernet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, could be

I doubt it ! My over 15 yrs experience with AV equipment shows that it was me who was wrong ;-) I mean that the AV units were always smarter than me ;-)

5. bibi

bibi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, okay, I'm maybe not the best ;-) but I thought that if I burn a DVD with this player that everything could be read.
    We have also the possibility to burn hispeed, and this Pioneer is the only one who can read it... we test it with my father who had the same.
    So I thing this is an other problem, maybe I change some configuration which make me crazy now...

Thank anyway for your help

6. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Hi

DVD-R is always recorded in the Video mode. Make sure you finalise the disc and use decent blank media. What is the brand of the media you are currently using?

No, the Pioneer should play all the discs it recorded even if not finalised. If DVD-R discs recorded on the Pioneer do not play then I suspect the media is causing the problem.

To play DVD-RW in VR mode, you need DVD Playback software that supports it, check you have the latest version of you DVD software.

Regards

Philip

7. bibi

bibi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Philip,

Thanks for your answer, I'm happy that you confirm that it should read everything he recorded.

I use Swisstec as blank media.

Thanks for your answer.

Brian

8. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Hi

Never heard of them, sounds like cheap media branded for your country or a local supplier, which might the answer to your problems.

I would recommend trying some decent quality media from the known brands, e.g. TDK, Verbatim. I suspect your problems will disappear.

Regards

Philip