Problem appearing on screen

chaz

Hi Lately I have this appearing on screen I do not know what to do and what files they are talking about this is what my computer is I get a message saying I do not have a enough Memory ???? & Chrome freezes. Can someone Help Please

Attachments

• Computer.png
    Computer.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
  • MEM1.png
    MEM1.png
    245.8 KB · Views: 29

next010

Distinguished Member
Hi Lately I have this appearing on screen I do not know what to do and what files they are talking about this is what my computer is I get a message saying I do not have a enough Memory ???? & Chrome freezes. Can someone Help Please

Check the C: drive (were windows is installed) to see if its out of free space, if the drive is near full that can cause problems even if you have plenty of system memory..

Reboot PC as well in case you have a memory leak, a software fault that causes it to consume large amounts of system memory.

You could also have a hardware fault in the system memory there is a way to test that.
1) Download memtest86+ from here, select the auto installer for USB key flash drive.
2) Run the software to generate a bootable USB key.
3) Boot from USB key and let it run Memtest up to a full 100% pass at least once (no need to go beyond that as it will just repeat itself).

If anything red appears on screen then system memory is faulty and needs to be replaced, if everything stays blue up to 100 pass (at top of the screen) then memory is fine.

To quit press esc on keyboard and remove USB key then boot back normally into windows.

zhir

Standard Member
In general, an HTPC is always on (or sleeping), therefore an automated reboot every night is the best practice to cleanup memory leaks and such.
You can use the Windows task scheduler to easily achieve that.

chaz

I can not seem to find Windows Task Scheduler on my Windows 7

zhir

Standard Member
All my screens are 1080p so I cannot take advantage of 10 bits color support from win10 anyway.
Besides, I cannot accept an HTPC (or any machine) that updates its OS without my permission, and only to add useless "Metro" (app store platform) apps that no one wants nor needs, IMHO.
So I am still with win7 MCE for TV recordings and playback. Although for movies I bypass it by just streaming the MKV files directly to the Samsung TV set from win7 over ethernet (right mouse click, menu option "Play to ... my TV set model").

Last edited:

John7

I was refering to chaz......

Anyway, you can disable automatic updates if that's an issue for you

I run an HTPC using Win 10 and don't have any issues, admitteldy I do have a 4K HDR screen connected to it......

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom