1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem: Active Video Buffer splitting one signal to 2 scart outs- plasma & projector

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by blue_tarragon, May 27, 2005.

1. blue_tarragon

blue_tarragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just taken delivery of the new JS Technology Active Video Buffer. It is an awesome bit of kit with one rgb scart input and 2 rgb scart outputs.

The outputs create 2 perfect copies of the original source with no loss in quality.

But I am having a problem with my Panasonic TH-42PWD6 when connected up.

OK, my setup is Xbox, PS2, Panny DVD, Sky+ all running via a Quattro+ box all in RGB Scart. The single RGB Scart out then goes to the Panasonic plasma. Perfect.

However, I bought the Active Video Buffer to allow the signal to be sent to my new projector too, via RGB Scart. the single out now goes to the Active Video Buffer, then RGB Scarts go out to the plasma and the projector.

The projector image is perfect, as is the plasma image. You can even run them together and marvel at the quality from the single source.

However, every 20 seconds or so "RGB2" and "16:9" are displayed on the plasma, just as if you have changed the aspect or input. This is obviously unwatchable.

I cannot get rid of this.

Incidentally, I have connected up a normal TV and the projector and they work fine together.

It just seems my 42PWD6 doesn't like the Active Video Buffer.

I must stress again that the Active Video Buffer is incredible, I am just having problems with it on my plasma.

As you can imagine, my question is.....any advice or ideas out there at all please?

As it stands I am going to have to take it out of the set up.

So close to a solution after all this time...............

Please help!

Thanks

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,519
    blue_tarragon

John Sim of JS Technology uses a PWD (Series 4 I think) so I'm positive the Active Video Buffer will have been tested with a Panasonic Display; though possibly not with the SCART Input Board (I assume that's what you have in the Display).

Your best option is to email or call John and I'm sure he'll sort you out in jig time.

Best regards

Joe

3. blue_tarragon

blue_tarragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Joe. Yes, I am using a Scart terminal board. John and I have been emailing each other a lot over this issue.

Looks like an RGB to Plasma VGA unit may be the solution.